drive slow, homey
i've got a bone to pink with you
- mlaw offers praise for charlie's recent comments on gamers and copyright law. it occurs to me that prof's thoughts provide a useful analogy for those of us concerned with copyright and music issues. the gist of it: go slow, judges; take responsibility, builders.
- with smart folk like paul krugman now innaccessible save for bootlegs and lexisnexis (for those of us so institutionally-blessed), i've been turning more and more to other spots for analysis. juan cole has been tearing it up in his analysis of the iraq debacle. his breakdown of bush's speech last week is a must-read.
- high drama: the saga over at umeancompetitor is reaching a fever pitch. will michael mcdonald destroy the epcot imagineers with his google cheatcodes? will the mp3bogosphere be irreversibly altered? will other low-fi gifwork muck up the machine? (we at w&w certainly hope so.)
- buzz'n'rumble: christopher porter offers some deets on the highly anticipated follow-up to last year's excellent congotronics vol 1.
- the doctor is in(na): martin clark on cockney v. road v. yard slang in grime.
- sak pase? n'ap boule! [i.e., we be burnin'!]: new york's haitian massive materializes.
- no joke ting?: dancehall satirists twins of twins allege that the monster twins, who claim to be the preeminent twins of jamaican music, "can't be twins unless [they] have di same surname an can clap di same gyal"! now that's a test. what's more, the twins claim their fame in fine form: "We are declaring that we are Twin of all Twins, because we are the conquering lion of the tribe of Chisholm and Maxfield Avenue Kingston 13 straight."