wayne&wax

linkthink re: hip-hop, reggae, the US, jamaica, and anything else wayne wants to wax on

8.25.2005

permanent press



a nice piece on me in today's phoenix. really great to see more affirmation of what i'm up to. some juicy quotes, too. most near-and-dear to me: i get a chance to give props to hip-hop for conditioning my listening practices. word. big up primo, ali shaheed, marley marl, bomb squad, prince paul, pete rock, jay dee, DITC, BCC, muggs, dre, dan the automator, shadow, timbo, and all other loop-based trailblazers. y'all changed my ears, my brain, my life.

tonight is "wicked wicked thursday" for those who don't know (see play). see you at the gods.

and monday we take a mad mad journey at beat research.

we riddim methodists. didntchaknow?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Charnas said...

Mazel tov!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home