wayne&wax

linkthink re: hip-hop, reggae, the US, jamaica, and anything else wayne wants to wax on

2.11.2005

tidbits and illshit

all this teaching is seriously cutting into my blogging. what can you do?

but before people completely give up on me, i offer you some choice cuts from around the net:

1) first off, big up to my man pace, who laced the a it dat acapella with some thomas dolby dissent to produce this tasty mashup.

2) for those of you who haven't been following the hot-97-tsunami-gate controversy, or for those who don't realize what's at stake, my man jeff chang puts it all in perspective.

3) proud papi and ph.d and blogger extraordinaire, o-dub, who was on a tear in january re: hip-hop blogging and race, pimpin' and language, and the gay mafia, among other hot topics, has taken a hiatus, and his substitute-blogger, p-nut, has been filling in admirably.

4) p-nut's latest blog points readers to elizabeth mendez berry's courageous expose about one of the bigger skeleton's in hip-hop's closet: domestic violence. download the pdf (courtesy of sasha), or pick up this month's vibe. a must read.

5) dj /rupture continues to provoke and provide over at negrophonic. check the analog-to-digital mp3 section for some real treats.

6) for all of you internet/law heads out there (and i know you're out there), my main man, and, yes, my father-in-law, charles nesson, has an audioblog. so fasten your headphones. (incidentally, charlie's the man responsible for getting me all mixed up in jamaica. thanks again, charlie, and happy birthday!)

7) a belated but formal welcome to the blogosphere to my favorite copyleft-junglist, dj ripley.

8) and a salute to my favorite musical-pan-africanist-sweet-mother-evangelist, dna, who also now has a blog, and who just joined the swelling ranks of great harvard drop-outs. (my favorite of all time is e.e. cummings, but let's give derrick a minute to prove himself.)

all right, that should point you to plenty if you haven't seen it already. i hope to have some of my own thoughts soon. meantime, check the blogroll, seen? nuff good stuff a gwaan. -->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home